Guildford, Surrey, UK
Optimum Golf Technologies is the exclusive manufacturer, distributor, and support centre for a number of golf technologies across the UK, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Our products range from the industry leading GCHawk/GCQuad Launch Monitors through to full immersion indoor golf simulators. Based in Guildford, Optimum Golf Technologies is one of the fastest expanding technology companies in the golf industry today.
We have a first-class reputation and enviable track record supplying top class golf technology and simulation systems to a host of well-known clients across the EMEA region. Our customer base covers indoor golf centres, hotels, golf clubs, cruise liners, resorts, and private homes.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, enthusiastic Golf Simulator Installer. This role will involve all aspects of the preparation and installation of simulators & golf technology and will be a varied and dynamic position.
The successful candidate will, as part of a small team, be responsible for the installation of professional quality equipment at client premises, both commercial and private homes, and for ensuring a high standard of finish and ultimately a happy customer. This will involve hard physical work, an attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure within time constraints.
You will also liaise with clients and their contractors, train customers on the use of the technology and present a professional image of yourself and the company at all times.
Based from Guildford, you may also be required to carry out pre-installation site surveys and assist with temporary installations at trade shows and hire events. There is potential for a large amount of travelling within the UK, and internationally, so a full driving licence & the ability to stay away from home are required. Due to the level of direct interaction with customers, good communication skills will be essential.
Your core responsibilities will include
- To install golf simulators and golf technology at client premises and homes throughout the UK and internationally.
- To assist with the manufacture of simulator components at our Guildford facility.
- To assist with installations at temporary events such as trade shows and hire events.
- To communicate well with clients including training customers on the use of the technology and provision of technical assistance.
- Carrying out pre-installation site surveys at customer premises and liaising with client staff and contractors.
- To liaise and assist with other areas of the business as required.
- To represent the company in a professional, positive, and cheerful manner.
Required skills and experience
- Good trade/DIY skills and practical experience (ideally in refurbishment, fit out or similar).
- Experience of AV and computer installation would be a distinct advantage.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm & willingness to learn.
- Enjoyment of physical work as well as a strong attention to detail and a passion to produce high quality end results.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Able to think quickly and calmly under pressure.
- Presentable and able to always liaise professionally with clients.
- Good IT skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to travel extensively and be away from home overnight (UK & International).
Salary and benefits
- £22,000 – £30,000 per annum + performance related annual bonus scheme.
- 20 Days Holiday increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 25 days.
- Supplementary payments for nights spent away on installations.
- Pension contribution.
Apply for this role